Legal Agreement: Terms of Service
IGNITION WORKSPACE MEMBER AGREEMENT
Specifically, Member agrees:
- Be nice. Be courteous. Treat others the way you would like to be treated. We encourage you to be aware of how your actions impact others, yourself and the community. Ignition Workspace LLC forbids use of any space by Member which is illegal, hazardous, in violation of any local, state, or federal code, ordinance, or regulation, or any conduct which is, in the sole discretion of Ignition Workspace LLC, not compatible with its mission. Any use of its space(s) or conduct by any member which interferes with or adversely impacts another member or the public is prohibited. If Ignition Workspace LLC is notified or otherwise becomes aware of any use, behavior, or conduct which violates any of the foregoing and such use, behavior, or conduct is deemed remediable, Ignition Workspace LLC will issue a thirty (30) day notification to such violating member that said use, behavior, or conduct must be remedied. If such use, behavior, or conduct is not remedied after notice, or if, in the sole discretion of Ignition Workspace LLC said use, behavior, or conduct is not remediable, Ignition Workspace LLC reserves the right to immediately terminate Member’s membership without further notice. If Member’s membership is terminated pursuant to this section, any membership fees previously paid to Ignition Workspace LLC by Member shall be forfeited and no refund shall issue.
- Believe in yourself, believe in others, and in the power of coworking. And, let it show. Do your part in promoting a positive, productive, pleasant experience at Ignition Workspace LLC. Be supportive of Ignition Workspace LLC and your fellow members so we can all be more successful.
- Work hard, have fun, and participate. The thing that makes Ignition Workspace LLC more than just a place to work is the community. In case you haven’t figured this out yet, that’s you. You have the power to make that community something really great. Use it.
- Be true. You have access to Ignition Workspace LLC based on your membership level. Ignition Workspace LLC reserves the right to track and record use of space by Member. Day Passes may be available for use by a guest or another individual in your company not covered by your membership per the then-current policies of Ignition Workspace LLC. Availability of Day Passes are not guaranteed and are subject to withholding by Ignition Workspace LLC.The space is open to you per your membership level and all amenities can be found through our website or by emailing Ignition Workspace LLC or visiting a staff member of the space at the welcome desk. Information on membership levels, subject to change, is also available on the Ignition Workspace LLC website.
- Member agrees to pay member monthly membership fee on or before the duedate each month via automated monthly payment. If payment is not received by the due date for any reason, Member agrees to make full payment within two (2) days of notice by Ignition Workspace LLC. If Member fails to pay their membership fee within seven (7) days of invoice date, in addition to Ignition Workspace LLC’s other rights under this agreement, Ignition Workspace LLC may assess a late fee in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the outstanding balance. In addition to any late fees associated with Member’s account, Ignition Workspace LLC reserves the right to require Member to pay any late or returned check fees and/or charges via certified, readily available funds. Any failure to keep membership fees current may result in termination of membership and forfeiture of any payments made. Ignition Workspace LLC also reserves the right to suspend any or all of Member’s rights and benefits associated with membership until Member’s account is paid in full, including late fees and other charges. Failure by Member to use all available space or time at Ignition Workspace LLC per the applicable membership level shall not entitle Member to any refund or reimbursement of membership fees. In the event Ignition Workspace LLC retains the services of a collection agency or attorney to collect any amount due from Member, Member shall be responsible for all costs associated therewith, including but not limited to attorney’s fees in the amount of thirty-three percent (33%) of the total amount outstanding.
- Member agrees to provide a minimum of 45 days written notice to terminate membership and shall pay all membership fees through the date of membership termination. We’ll be sad, but also happy if you are leaving to do something great.
- Ignition Workspace LLC is to be used as a member’s workplace, not a member’s home. Yes, we really do have to say it. Tempting as it might be, with amenities such as couches, kitchen, and refrigerator, Ignition Workspace LLC is for business use only. Ignition Workspace LLC has the right to enter all areas of Ignition Workspace LLC including private offices with or without cause or to clean areas as provided as a member benefit. To the extent reasonably possible, Ignition Workspace LLC will not enter private offices during regular business hours without prior notice to Member.
- Be accountable for member actions. Should any act or omission of Member , or any guest, invitee, client, or customer of Member, cause harm or damage to Ignition Workspace LLC, member agrees to be responsible for any costs as well as any legal costs necessary for recovering such damages and to reimburse any such costs to Ignition Workspace LLC immediately after such damage is sustained.
- Be accountable for member guests. If Member brings guests, clients, customers, students, participants or any other individual(s) into Ignition Workspace LLC, Member bears sole responsibility for informing said individual(s) of the terms of this agreement and for any act or omission of said individual(s). It is Member’s responsibility to ensure such individual(s) follow the requirements of this agreement as applicable and generally behave themselves. Failure of Member or Member’s guest(s) or invitee(s) to comply with the membership agreement may result in termination of membership benefits or assessment of a guest fee in the amount of fifty ($50) dollars, in addition to any other right of Ignition Workspace LLC hereunder.
- Avoid using Ignition Workspace LLC in connection with bad, annoying or otherwise unacceptable behaviors including but not limited to: a. Pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming, or similarly annoying behavior; b. Defaming, abusing, harassing, or threatening others; c. Marketing, pitching, or promoting Member business to people trying to work; d. Posting or distributing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, or indecent materials or information. Such actions may be cause for termination of membership or suspension from the space without refund or return of deposit. Membership is for the sole benefit of Member and where applicable Member’s employees and contractors (listed in this agreement). Member shall not rent, make available for public use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, trade, or resell any of the Membership Benefits or Intellectual Property of Ignition Workspace LLC.
- We coworkers work in close proximity to others. Keeping member information or that of our customers private is the responsibility of each member. On the flip side, members of Ignition Workspace LLC agree to not inappropriately share, reproduce, or use information or materials of others. Member agrees that all information provided to Ignition Workspace LLC in connection with its membership is true, up to date, and accurate and remains that way throughout the duration of the membership. Member is responsible for maintaining the secrecy of all information relating to its user account and shall not provide that information to any other person and is responsible for all activity relating to the member’s user account.
- Protect member interests and stuff. We have insurance for Ignition Workspace LLC. We require that members also secure their own insurance, appropriate to member’s business, to cover liability, loss, theft, damage and the like. Our insurance does not protect Member or member businesses. Ignition Workspace LLC strongly encourages members to consult with an independent insurance advisor to protect Member’s interests while using membership benefits of Ignition Workspace LLC. Members with a private office membership shall keep in force at its own expense at all times during membership insurance covering Ignition Workspace LLC and Member as named insured with a minimum combined single limit of $1,000,000 for bodily injury and property damage. In addition, member shall provide $50,000 of fire legal liability coverage. Also, if Member brings personal or professional property at Ignition Workspace LLC, it is solely Member’s responsibility to secure such property. Ignition Workspace LLC does not assume any responsibility for lost, damaged or stolen property. This includes the parking lot as well. Ignition Workspace LLC will provide and maintain the interior and exterior of the space and the premises for issues related to plumbing, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and lighting systems, but assumes no liability to members for business losses related to failure of any of the said mechanical systems. Ignition Workspace LLC is also not responsible for any delay or failure in performance caused by fires, strikes, embargoes, acts of God, acts of terrorism, or other causes beyond its reasonable control. Member’s use of the premises and the membership benefits is at its sole risk.
- Member safety. Don’t do foolish and dangerous things like play with matches, run with scissors, or do chemistry experiments with cleaning solutions. Throw away food that has gone bad. Wash dirty dishes. Clean up spills. Let us know if a light bulb is out, a door or window is not latching properly, or if there is anything at all that needs repair. Keep our network safe, too. Be careful not to upload or use files that contain viruses, malware, etc. that may damage the network, computers, or other equipment of Ignition Workspace LLC or its members. Member shall be responsible for any damages or costs incurred by Ignition Workspace LLC or other members for violation of this paragraph.
- Consume alcohol, food, or anything else responsibly and at Member’s own risk. If member chooses to partake in the consumption of food or drink while on Ignition Workspace LLC premises, member is aware that they do so at Member’s own discretion and risk. Neither Ignition Workspace LLC, its members nor anyone else associated with Ignition Workspace LLC are to be held liable for illness, accidents, or any bad thing that results from member consumption of any substance of any kind. Member is solely responsible for securing any necessary licenses or permits required to host an event at Ignition Workspace LLC at which alcoholic beverages are served and shall take all necessary precautionary measures to ensure the safety of any guest or invitees thereof.
- Obey the law. Members agree not to use Ignition Workspace LLC for any purpose that is unlawful, prohibited or otherwise frowned upon by society, including doing anything that would damage, disable, or impair any property of Ignition Workspace LLC or its members or, worse, the members themselves. This also means Member won’t try to access property or systems of others, or attempt to obtain information or materials not intentionally made available to all Ignition Workspace LLC members. If Member breaks the law or does any of the aforementioned bad things, it shall immediately forfeit membership with no right to refund or return of security deposit. Member will also be responsible for paying for any legal counsel Ignition Workspace LLC may obtain to secure resulting from such illegal behavior.
- It is the responsibility of the member to keep up with changes to Ignition Workspace LLC rules. Like so many things, Ignition Workspace LLC will evolve and change over time (largely from input of members). With that may come changes in rules. If we change this agreement, we’ll let members know and post the current version of this agreement on our website. We encourage all of our members to visit the website periodically to stay current of changes to any service offerings or agreements. In addition, Ignition Workspace LLC reserves the right to modify this Membership Agreement at any time by posting a notice on the aforementioned website and/or by sending notice to the member email address on file with Ignition Workspace LLC.
- Ignition Workspace LLC may modify the fees and or charges at any time, in its sole discretion upon thirty (30) day’s notice to its members by sending written notice via electronic mail to the email address provided by Member, and/or by posting a revised fee schedule on the website, except those members whose membership term is for a year, or longer.
- Member agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Ignition Workspace LLC and all its parent and subsidiary affiliates, managers, members, employees, and agents from and against any and all liability, damages, losses, charges, expenses, fines, and costs, (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, and the costs of enforcing this indemnity) incurred by Ignition Workspace LLC as a result of any use of the Premises or the membership benefits by Member or its guests or any breach by Member of this membership agreement and any third party claim that relates in any way to any of Member’s acts or omissions.
- If for any reason Member’s membership benefits are revoked for cause the Member shall immediately remove all personal belongings from the premises and cease all use of membership benefits, shall not return to the premises without the prior permission of Ignition Workspace LLC, pay all fees and charges owed to Ignition Workspace LLC, return all keys and any other property that belongs to Ignition Workspace LLC, and leave the premises in clean and good condition. Ignition Workspace LLC has the right to deny access or benefits without court approval when enforcing the right to terminate a membership.
- By signing this document, Member agrees to remain familiar with and abide by all current (possibly updated) rules.
Ignition Workspace LLC provides use of its space, services, and equipment as a service and not as a lease of real property and disclaims all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including but not limited to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use.
The entire risk as to the quality arising out of participation in or the use of the services, remains with Member. Ignition Workspace LLC reserves the right at all times to disclose information about Member, member participation in and use of the services Ignition Workspace LLC provides that we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We may also publish information about Member and/or member business, including but not limited to, member name, company name, industry, title, and URL. We may take pictures of member working in our space or at Ignition Workspace LLC events and use them at our discretion; Member expressly consents to use of likeness for this purpose. We may also edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part from our website(s), social media pages, or our premises. This will all be done at Ignition Workspace LLC’s sole discretion.
Ignition Workspace LLC reserves the right to terminate member participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice or refund or return of security deposit, if member fails to comply with this agreement.
PRIVATE OFFICE MEMBER ADDENDUM
As a Private Office Member, Member agrees to a 12-month agreement or 20% Premium for Month to Month Memberships.
Member will be responsible for a deposit at the beginning of membership equal to one month of membership fees. Deposit will be paid with check number ______, dated _____. Upon the end of Member’s membership (and successful payment for the entire term), Member will receive the deposit back in full within 30 days, contingent upon there being no damage found or outstanding charges. If there’s damage, we’ll use Member’s deposit to make any necessary repairs. If the cost to repair the damage exceeds the amount of Member’s deposit, Member agrees to be responsible to pay for any additional charge.
At the end of Member’s membership term, should Member or Ignition Workspace LLC not renew membership, Member will be responsible for patching any holes in or damage to walls, damage/stains to flooring, damage to window(s), ceiling, etc. that were not pre-existing. Additionally, if member chose to paint the walls of their office, member will be responsible for painting back to the original colors, unless given permission to do otherwise by management of Ignition Workspace LLC.
As a Private Office Member, member will have the use of Member’s own private office with 24/7 access to the building and to Member’s office.
Member can decorate or paint the office for which they have a membership agreement.
Member shall put everything back as it was when Member vacates. If not, ] Ignition Workspace LLC will charge the card Member has placed on file with Ignition Workspace LLC to get things back in order.
This agreement does not make Member a lessee and Ignition Workspace LLC is not subletting to Member. Member(s) is a member of Ignition Workspace LLC, and in exchange for the monthly membership fee, Member will be able to receive benefits, one of which is the use of a private office.
This agreement comprises the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior representations and agreements with respect to the matter hereof.
This agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard to the conflict of law and choice of law rules of any jurisdiction. All claims, actions, and proceedings arising out of or relating to the membership benefits of or in Ignition Workspace LLC, this agreement, or member’s use of Ignition Workspace LLC or its premises of the membership benefits, shall be commenced and maintained solely in a state court of competent subject matter jurisdiction located in the County of Williamsburg, Virginia. The member irrevocably consents to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
No waiver or failure by either party to exercise any option, right or privilege under the terms of this agreement on any occasion or occasions shall be construed to be a waiver of the same on any other occasion or of any other option, right, or privilege. If any provision of this agreement, or the application thereof, is for any reason, and to any extent, determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this agreement shall remain valid.
By signing this agreement, Member represents that Member has the authority to do so and that Member by doing so is not violating any agreement with any other party. Member also understands and agrees that, while membership in Ignition Workspace LLC has many benefits, it does not empower Member to make binding representations or agreements on behalf of Ignition Workspace LLC, or any of its staff, owners, or members. Oh, and, this is all legal in the Commonwealth of Virginia.